All books are fully returnable, subject to the following conditions:
- Books that are shopworn, marked, stamped, or in any way rendered unsaleable will not be accepted.
- Invoice numbers or copies must be provided for all returns. A 5% restocking charge will be assessed for all returns not so identified. All returns must be prepaid and received in resalable condition. Damage in transit is the responsibility of the customer.
- Canadian customers must send returns to our Canadian warehouse (5201 Dufferin Street, North York, Ont., M3H 5T8) and U.S. customers must send their returns to our U.S. warehouse (2250 Military Road, Tonawanda, N.Y., 14150).
- Returns will not be accepted prior to 3 months from invoice date, except in cases as noted in 6, 7, and 8, below.
- Permission to return not required. UTP will accept returns for publications which we distribute provided they are returned in resalable condition and received within 12 months of the date of the invoice. Books shipped erroneously to us will be returned at the customer's expense.
- Books received in damaged condition may be returned within 30 days for full credit, or you may notify us of the damage, try to sell the books, and return them at a later date if unsuccessful.
- Books with manufacturing defects may be returned for replacement at any time. They should be returned prepaid, and credit will be given for any reasonable shipping charges.
- Claims for shortages or shipping errors must be made within 30 days, making reference to invoice numbers.
- Claims for shipments not received must be made within 30 days.
- Proof of delivery may be obtained upon request. However, if over 30 days, your account may be charged. Proof of delivery charges vary depending on date of invoice and carrier. We will advise.
- Annually published directories (Canadian Books in Print and Canadian Who's Who) are non-returnable after 3 months from invoice date.